March 13, 2007

the perfect monday

Like gas prices, temperatures in Southern California are on the rise. Yesterday, LA broke records, which my friends and I could feel all too well on our downtown LA campus. So, like any self-respecting student in her last year of law school, I cajoled my friends to ditch their afternoon class and spend the day with me at the beach. We arrived at 2, ate lunch on the pier, set our towels down at 3, and laid there -- talking, making fun of other beach-goers, pretending to read, laughing -- until sunset (7pm, courtesy of daylight savings!). After a nice dinner at P.F. Chang's, we ended the day very exhausted yet very happy by the amount of sun we absorbed and the amount of food we ate. Days like this are numbered for me because (1) my future employer probably won't look kindly upon me taking off on a Monday afternoon, and (2) I don't know when I'll ever live in LA after this year. So if you ever try calling me on a Monday from now until June and I don't pick up, you'll know why.